3.07.2012

My 26th Birthday



My birthday was a wonderful day,  I can't believe I'm 26!  I was talking to my Mom on the phone and she said she already had 3 children by the time she was 26, there is no way I could do that right now!  I wanted to have my first baby by the time I was 25, but I'm happy with the way things have worked out.  My birthday began with a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning.  Everyone in the office wished me happy birthday when I came in, so nice of them to remember...  I'm sure they just looked at my chart, but it still made me happy.  I think they like me since I brought individual treats for everyone in the office on my Valentine's Day appointment (A&W Root beer has been my very favorite drink this pregnancy).  This was the label I made for the bottles.


I look forward to baby updates and my doctor's appointments have been the highlights of the last few weeks.  I told my doctor that I was worried that the baby wasn't moving very much at my last appointment.  He sent me to have an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels and then did a stress test.  Everything was fine, I'm just a paranoid mom already!  My doctor said she's probably just running out of room to move around so I'm not feeling her move as much. The ultrasound showed her chubby fist and the folds on her skin. It appears she's putting on the baby fat just fine. She still has huge cheeks like her 3D ultrasound pictures showed at 32 weeks.... the more to kiss!  I just can't wait to see her on the outside!

Landon didn't have class on my birthday so we got to spend the entire day together which I loved!  We went to Denny's for omelets and got frozen yogurt while basking in the warm Arizona sunshine. Last month I did "14 Days of Valentines" for Landon with a little treat, coupon, and reason I loved him each day. Just simple and sweet like the first day below. 

Of coarse he had to one up me and he did "17 Days until your Birthday" countdown starting on Valentine's Day.  So I've been opening little presents from him all along!  He got me this super cute blazer and iphone case to name a few.


     

Later that night of my birthday we went to the Phoenix Sun's game with our friends Brian & Lisa and Ryan & Kelsey.  At the half our seats were upgraded to row 20.  It was a great game, but I think I enjoyed the company just as much. (Below you'll get a glimpse of my 39 week belly, and yes... I still like it when Landon and I match).  It was about time we got around to seeing a Suns game, we still have so much more to see and do while we are in Arizona.  After the game we had a late night dinner at Applebees.  I loved the phone calls and messages I received from family and friends too!  It was a wonderful birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment